Posted on October 19, 2012
ZeroMQ, is something interesting that may be worth investing time into.
I was previously looking into Poco’s offer of a notification system, but this seems better since I can effectively get networking for free with it.
What does it offer?
- The socket library that acts as a concurrency framework. Faster than TCP, for clustered products and supercomputing. Carries messages across inproc, IPC, TCP, and multicast.
- Connect N-to-N via fanout, pubsub, pipeline, request-reply.
- Asynch I/O for scalable multicore message-passing apps.
- Large and active open source community.
- 30+ languages including C, C++, Java, .NET, Python.
- Most OSes including Linux, Windows, OS X.
- LGPL free software with full commercial support from iMatix.